Thursday, September 15, 2016

Birthday tomorrow

My 27th birthday will be tomorrow. While I am excited to celebrate it, my skin is showing all those years of abuse. While I never went tanning on a regular basis, only on vacations to the beach and even then most of the time was spent playing. Laying around baking never really appealed to me. I applied sunscreen, but not as often as I should. Even now, I don't put sunscreen on my face daily like I should. I need to crack down and find a good facial sunscreen. One reason I never really tried to find one is because my skin reacts to almost every damn sunscreen out there. I found a brand for my body that works, but it leaves my face super oily, hence why I don't apply it to my face on a regular basis.

It started a few months ago. I noticed some spots on my cheeks, now I have more and some on my nose. They are not super noticeable, but it is a reminder I am getting older and my skin is saying fuck you, take care of me properly. I have also noticed my dark circles have gotten a tad darker. My eyes use to be bright, but no longer. I got comfortable with my facewash and moisturizer, CeraVe, but now it is time for a big girl routine. I am reluctantly researching products for my face, and soon to be chest, I noticed a texture difference there too, oh and lovely stretch marks on my boobs, I mean like what the fuck? I am only a 32C, I should not have stretch marks on my boobs. I don't wear a bra when home, which is probably the culprit. I refuse to restrict them! You can't see the marks in a bikini, so my husband can deal with it. Back to my face skin.......Well after I noticed it wasn't going away and actually progressing somewhat, I decided on a few products. They aren't high-end products, but this shit isn't cheap! I knew I could not get away with bottom line products. For one they don't work, secondly, my skin won't tolerate it. Since the price adds up, because I was being stubborn and not using these products already, despite every article I read that said to start getting your products in your early 20's,

I had to get two products to start off with. I chose a toner and a scrub. I still have facial lotion and face wash and I refuse to be wasteful, so my face will have to deal until I run out of the products. For the toner, I decided to go with Thayers Alcohol-free rosewater. The reviews were good and I liked the ingredients. It uses rosewater, which is good for soothing the skin and has been said to have anti-inflammatory properties. Witch hazel is another ingredient that I wanted in my skincare routine since it helps with pimples and reduces puffiness. While I don't suffer from a lot of acne, I do have the occasional pimple, which a daily toner will help combat. The last ingredient that drew me to this product is aloe. Aloe is very soothing and it can help with sunburns and such.The second thing I decided on was Aveeno positively ageless. I was hesitant at first because this is a very common brand, and with super common brands comes useless crap. This, however, got really good reviews. It is made with mushrooms and has vitamin C, which is a plus. I will have to play guinea pig and make sure these don't make my skin go crazy. Today was my first day and so far so good. No burning and my skin feels smooth. There is no excessive redness, besides the normal red nose zone that I usually have. When a product is super irritating that will be super red. It is pretty tame compared to other products I used before I started using Cerave. Now I have not decided to fully ditch Cerave. I still really like the facial cleanser. I will obviously have to switch out the moisturizer for an anti-aging one and the next purchase will be an eye cream. BTW, eye creams are freaken expensive as hell. I am debating on when to get the facial mask, yeah, mask. The scrub and mask is a once a week type of thing, and the toner, creams and toner will be daily. So that is a total of 4 items I am adding to my routine, and 1 I am switching for sure. The items alone is not that bad, the most expensive is 17 dollars, which is actually the moisturizer. It has green tea, so it is to be expected, but all products at once is expensive!

I expect the toner to last me about 3 months, maybe more, the scrub is small, but a little goes a long way, so I can see that lasting 2 months, I am not sure about the other products yet, but I will update once I start using them. I will also do a before an after picture from day 1 to day 30. So once a week I will take a picture. I am currently trying to take a decent photo with a note 2. The quality is crap compared to my husband's phone. Samsung broke my note 4 with the most recent update and my mother gave me a cracked phone, which was amazing, but the integrity was already compromised so Mocha stepping on it completely destroyed it. So, I dug up this old phone and I've had to deal with the no wifi, getting expensive, and no GPS, annoying. I know his response, why not use the good camera. Well because have you ever tried to take a selfie with a fucking Nikon DX. I can switch to the less, zoom lens, but that doesn't have an autofocus feature and trying to take a decent selfie will take forever. Like I said, it isn't bad, but I can see the change, and I need to start something new before I look twice my age instead of younger than I am. So this is my skin, day 1 with one use of the toner and scrub. Obviously nothing different yet, but I will keep updating before and after photos until I have all the products that my skin likes, and have had that routine for a full 30 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment