Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Birthday and Vlad

This past week has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Like I said, I was going to blog about my birthday, which I will here, but I am going to reflect on the past week as well. I haven't forgotten about my face pictures for my new routine. I have been using the toner, but I forgot to exfoliate last week. It was a crazy week though, and I haven't taken pictures either.

I think I mentioned when all this started happening in my last entry, but we noticed Vlad acting funny Sunday. While my brain likes to think worst case scenario, his symptoms at first seemed to be a simple hip issue, like was mentioned before. While it is a hip issue, hip dysplasia grade 3, his spine is showing signs of starting to fuse, oh and he was shot twice, with a pellet gun. At first, they didn't think it was causing issues, because we had not caught the infection yet, but it is. His immune system is being weakened by a condition called metallosis. When we brought him home from the first appointment, he started vomiting at 4:30 am. He proceeded to vomit a total of 14 times before he stopped for good. Which the last time was after the vet visit when we went to fill his prescription. The vet there wanted to look at his x-rays, since he wasn't the one that ordered them, and he found an oddity in his bone structure in his neck. He told us it could be either an infection or cancer, thankfully it was an infection, a bone infection, but at least it wasn't cancer. So he is on a bunch of medication for pain, inflammation, pain and nausea. Since the pellets will be hard to remove, and could very easily cause nerve damage, we plan on doing immune supplements, which the vet thinks will help. Since it was such a hectic morning, all of us forgot about his shot for vomiting. He had not vomited at the vets, so it was very easy to forget about considering what was found and what all needed to be done to test. After he vomited all over himself, we brought him back to the vet for the shot, some pills for the nausea once it wore off, and some wet food that was easy on his stomach. He is still not back to normal yet, but he seems to be getting better. He has gone more than 24 hours without vomiting, so I think we are past that. Now the struggle is to get him up to drink enough water. He is very sleepy from one of his medications, so I will have to wake him up for it, so we are not out of the woods just yet.

When I took Vlad to the vet, Freud panicked. So we will need to start walking Vlad and Mocha with Freud being left either alone or with one of them, so he can get use to being without them. He is way too attached, which is normal. They are as much a part of his family as they are a part of mine. But hopefully getting him use to them being away for a short period will help with the anxiety when they pass. Looking it at realistically, if nothing happens to Freud, these two will pass before him, since he is the youngest. While we won't ever let him be without a companion for long, he won't have these two around for the rest of his life.

My birthday was nice. I went on my usual walk, and came home and relaxed, until we went out for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Their portion sizes really have gone down. It isn't a bad thing, but it was surprising since I haven't eaten there for close to two years. From my parents, I recieved money, which allowed us to go out for my birthday, and an adorable wine holder in the shape of a dog. From my brother and Chrissy I received Majoras Mask and Chrono Trigger. I just finished Portal, so I can now start on Crono Trigger, which I am excited about. Josh's mom got me a gift card from amazon, as well as sandals, earrings, and lipstick. From the gift card I ordered 3 tops, two which have arrived, 1 more pair of earrings, two belts, Ramekins for baking, a professional cooking torch, and a corgi decal.

The two tops fit well and are exactly what I was looking for. One is a cowl neck halter top, which is a purplish color. It was advertised as maroon, but it isn't quite that. Which is fine, I am not super picky on colors as long as they aren't hideous, like a barf green. The other is a black top that buttons in the back around the neck, and ties around the lower back. The front is covered up to the neck, but the back is exposed. It is very sexy, while being modest as well. The earrings I ordered are a multi color pearl that goes along with my necklace. I planned on wearing them this past weekend, but things went downhill with Vlad, so we needed to take care of him. Which I don't mind doing, but it just breaks my hear seeing him like this. The Decal I have not put on my truck just yet. I need to clean the back window first, which I am being lazy about. The two belts I ordered for my black sandals. I have a lot of brown belts, but no black, so I am now able to wear more of my outfits that were originally for my brown boots, but since it is hot as hell here, sandals are preferred. I just used one of the Ramekins for baked Ricotta, and it held up well, so I am pleased about that. I have yet to fill and test out the torch. I need to get a butane filler for it


No comments:

Post a Comment